The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1st/5th Battalion notts and derby

john gregory

I have just completed an illustrated book on the 1st/5th Battalion, Notts and Derby with over 200 photos of the men, many kia. It will soon be published, if any forum members has any photos of their grandads/relatives with details and would like them to be included can you contact me asap. John

Hello John. You e-mailed me many moons ago, but several attempts at replying resulted in those annoying 'message could not be delivered' mails.

Glad to see the book is complete. When and how is it likely to be available?

Hello John. You e-mailed me many moons ago, but several attempts at replying resulted in those annoying 'message could not be delivered' mails.

Glad to see the book is complete. When and how is it likely to be available?

Hi Andrew, I am going to see another publisher next week so it should be available soon (I hope). Everytime it is ready I get more photos which are to good to leave out. Regards John

johngregory88@hotmail.com

John, My great uncle William James Munson was in the 1st Notts & Derby. Based in India and entered France in November 1914. Unfortunately don't have a photo he died in 1979. I would be interested in your book when it is published. Heather

Hi John

Did I send you the 5th and 6th at Church Parade, Hindlow Camp in 1910?

post-4619-1174825858.jpg

The bloke stood behind the Vicar is Col Murray, who I think was in charge of Bde, but can find out for sure

Can e-mail high-res .tiff if useful

looking forward to book :)

cheers

Mike

John, My great uncle William James Munson was in the 1st Notts & Derby. Based in India and entered France in November 1914. Unfortunately don't have a photo he died in 1979. I would be interested in your book when it is published. Heather

Hi Heather, the book should be published very soon. I already have had a copy bound, then what happens I get two more photos both 1st day Somme casulties. Regards John

Hi John

Did I send you the 5th and 6th at Church Parade, Hindlow Camp in 1910?

post-4619-1174825858.jpg

The bloke stood behind the Vicar is Col Murray, who I think was in charge of Bde, but can find out for sure

Can e-mail high-res .tiff if useful

looking forward to book :)

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for the photo, I am seeing a publisher next week to get things moving. I have had a copy bound, then I receive two more 1st July kia's which are too good to leave out. Regards John

sounds good

I'll e-mail .tiff file to you

by the way - here is same farmhouse taken yesterday - as I was on my way to Chelmorton for a pint B)

post-4619-1174843992.jpg

John,

Would be interested in a copy! Can yu let me know when you have them published?

John,

Would be interested in a copy! Can yu let me know when you have them published?

Hi Anthony, will do, John