The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Finding a book

nicole

I am looking for the title of a book which is about what is hidden beneath the battlefields. It has detail about Ypres and I think the Somme.

Thanks Nicole

There was another one, profusely advertised by Pen & Sword but never actually released -

Underground Battlefields: Uncovering the Mines and Tunnels of Vimy Ridge and Beaumont Hamel (Campaign Chronicles)

Is this the one you've seen ?

Mick

I am looking for the title of a book which is about what is hidden beneath the battlefields. It has detail about Ypres and I think the Somme.

Thanks Nicole

Thanks Nicole

I think you got it with "Beneath Flander Fields". Will now try to find it. Thanks very much

Nicole

There was another one, profusely advertised by Pen & Sword but never actually released -

Underground Battlefields: Uncovering the Mines and Tunnels of Vimy Ridge and Beaumont Hamel (Campaign Chronicles)

Is this the one you've seen ?

Mick

I don't think it was. I think it was "Beneath Flanders Field's and will now try to find it and confirm. Thanks for the reply.

Nicole

Nicole

The book you want is 'Beneath Flanders Fields' by Peter Barton, Peter Doyle, and Johann Vanderwalle. It was published in 2004 and cost £25 new.

The ISBN is 1-86227-237-9

Garth