The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Great battles of ww1

Guest tafski

Hi Pals

just a heads up if you are lucky enough to have a Works shop the booksellers in your local town get yerself down there just bought the above book reduced from 20 pounds to 6.99 a great hardback book on the first world war packed with info and pics, covers as it says on the dustcover 18 of the most significant battles of ww1

covers battle mons and the marne aug sept 14 , battle of tannenberg aug14, battle of lemberg 1914, first ypres oct nov 14, the gallipolli campaign, verdun feb dec1916, battle of jutland 31may1916, the brusilov offensive june sept 1916, battle of the somme july 1916. battle of messines june 17, passchendale july nov 1917, battle of cambrai nov1917, battle of caporetto oct 1917, the campaign in east africa 1914 1918, battle of megiddo sept oct 1918, final german offensives march aug 1918, battle of meuse-argonne sept nov 1918

in my veiw well worth the 6.99

tafski

I have an original copy. Is it my imagination or is there a bit missing from the 'Final German Offensives' chapter?

Hi mark

my copy ends with luddendorff states the black day of the german army and liddell describing it as the most brilliant victory ever gained by british arms inthe war

tafski

In my copy the last chapter is ARMISTICE AND AFTERMATH then a GAZETTEER and BIBLIOGRAPHY. It was £19.95 reduced to £10.95 when I bought it.

Aye

Malcolm

Malcolm,

my copy is the same and printed in 1989 - it was given to me a couple of years ago with a copy of The Somme 1916, Crucible of a British Army, by Mike Chappell.