The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

"Anzac The Landing" by Stephen Chambers

pompeyrodney

Can I heartily recommend the above book by Stephen Chambers, that has just been released. It is a true account of the Anzac landings with some very revealing insights provided by soldiers diaries, some of which come from my grandfather John Pitt, from the 8th Battalion AIF. It is a very enjoyable read that I would recommend to anyone.

Thanks for this - as a bit of further info, this book is part of the Battleground Europe series.

Alan

... and he is a member of this forum.

Hope to see you over there in September, Steve

S

... and he is a member of this forum.

Hope to see you over there in September, Steve

S

Do you mean the author is a forum member Simon, what name does he go by ?

Thanks for letting us know about the book Jules.

Does anyone know if the book is going to be distributed in Australia?

Hi Frev

I've only seen one or two copies of the Battleground Europe series in Australian bookshops. I normally have more luck finding them through Amazon.

Cheers

Andrew

Ta Drew - might check out a few haunts first - last time I bought a book from O/S, it never arrived! Frev.

Hi Pompeyrodney, Yes I am a forum member, glad you enjoyed the book.

Its distribution to Australia is at the hands of Pen & Sword and they have promised getting copies over there soon, but as the book has only just been released it may be quicker to order it over the web. Amazon.com appear to be temporarily out of stock but I have noticed that http://www.madrascafebooks.co.nz in NZ stock it. Hopefully it will become readily available soon.

Simon, yes, hopefully catch you for a Efes or two this September, and Steve, after a few beers I'll answer any question, if I get it wrong I'll sack my shadow writer!

all the best, Steve C.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Steve

Why this book is not easily available in Australia is beyond me, as perhaps a good many others from Pen and Sword. Well done - again! Am reading yours in reverse fashion. Suvla done, Anzac now and Gully Ravine later, in between writing and having a baby I guess!!!!

Cheers

Ian

in reverse fashion. Suvla done, Anzac now and Gully Ravine later, in between writing and having a baby I guess!!!!

Careful there Ian, the mind is beginning to boggle somewhat............. :doh:

Enjoying broadening the Gallipoli horizons is all Michael. Then when I bump into Bill Sellars again I will be able to - yes, I read about that in such and such book!!!

The book shelves are creaking!

Cheers

Ian