The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

PARK - The Biography of Air Chief Marshall Sir Keith Park

keggy65

I had this book as a birthday present and only just started reading it but thought you might be interested to know that Part I (1892-1936) covers his service during WW1 first as an Artilleryman at Gallipoli and the Western Front and then his transfer to the RFC.

This section is only about, at a guess, 10% of the book but is worth a look. If you would like to read just this section, it would be worth borrowing from your local library.

I don't feel I can add anything else, either about the book or author, until I finish it so will stop there.

Mabel

I had this book as a birthday present and only just started reading it but thought you might be interested to know that Part I (1892-1936) covers his service during WW1 first as an Artilleryman at Gallipoli and the Western Front and then his transfer to the RFC.

This section is only about, at a guess, 10% of the book but is worth a look. If you would like to read just this section, it would be worth borrowing from your local library.

I don't feel I can add anything else, either about the book or author, until I finish it so will stop there.

Mabel

Thanks for the post, Mabel.

Park was shot down by the man who shot down (but also killed) my home town's only Great War fighter pilot. I'm always interested in finding out more about the background to all of this, so I appreciate the tip-off concerning this book.

Regards,

Jim