The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

7th (Service) Btn. KOYLI

Ted368

Hello,

I'm trying to find as much information as possible about my Great Uncle: 19292 Pte. Harry Broadhouse's Btn.; 7 KOYLI.

I've obtained information from the book about the History of the 20th (Light) Division, in which Harry's Btn. was apart of. I would like to further my information greater if at all possible and would appreciate any information, small information is immense to me.

Harry emabarked for France with the Btn. and was sadly KiA: 20.11.17 at Cambrai.

Thank you, Ted

Hi, Ted and welcome.

A good place to start for information is the mother site to this Forum. Click on the link to the Long Long Trail (top left of this page). If you then find the section "grandad's war" it will tell you what it may be possible to find out about his service and the activities of his unit.

John

Hello Ted

I have the Regimental history for the period so will have a look for you when I get in from work.

Andy

Hello Ted

This is the entry from the Official History for the day that your GUncle was killed. SDGW state that Harry was born in Normanton and enlisted here also.

There are a whole host of entries for the 7th Bn in the history, if you require any more info just contact me off forum.

post-2-1078866245.jpg

• 1 month later...

My Great Uncle 19292 Pte. Harry Broadhouse 7 KOYLI Killed in action at the Battle of Cambrai, 20th November 1917 RIP

post-2-1083239840.jpg