The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Official History (IWM/ Battery Press reprints)

Mick D

I'm after the volumes covering 1914 and 1915, does anyone know of anywhere that has these in stock, or can get them.

PM any answer so as not to contravene advertising rules !

Mick

Cheers Squirell & Jack,

They've got what I want in stock, thanks again.

Mick

Ian, sadly I have no patience, I've ordered what I need, to hell with the expense!

Mick

Keep us informed about how long they take to arrive from N&MP. They aren't known for speed.

Mick

Will do Mick, I ordered them late on Friday, they were in stock, so the only variable should be the postal delay !

Mick

The good folk at N & MP e-mailed me to let me know my order was despatched today, wow that was quick !

Mick

Exellent, things have improved then. I may well go back to them.

Mick

• Admin

I got ours from a site which begins with A.............

Michelle

Martin, at £35 postage, I thought I'd try elsewhere first.

Mick

DHL tried to deliver today, but I was out. That would make a Friday order, and a Wednesday delivery, not bad at all !

Mick

Mick,

I'd forgotten that surface mail is no longer an option from the USA ...

FYI "Battery Press" occasionally AUCTION these volumes on e**y. They always have them listed as Buy It Now but every so often they put up auctions starting 20 or so dollars less than the BIN price - I was able to collect a full set like this at a fraction of the retail price. They have never (to my knowledge) put the Appendices on sale like this so sooner of later I'll have to get them at "regular" price. I must say they were very good to deal with and combined shipping etc and posted quickly.

I was not aware that surface was no longer an option from here to the UK... I will have to check into that.

Chris

EDIT: This would seem to be a reasonable alternative to surface $23.65 (16 pounds sterling at today's rate) for 11lbs and apparently specifically designed for printed materials. Not sure on shipping time.

Good to their word, I collected them today from DHL. Fantastic service from N & M Press.

By the way what is the 'appedicies' volume ?

Mick

By the way what is the 'appedicies' volume ?

Mick

Many of the volumes refer to orders, reports, surveys and maps that are not included within the volume itself, but are in an Appendix to the volume. These are bound separately and numbered/named to the relevant volume. Not all Volumes have appendices but I think there are 4 or 5 that do

Here is the re-publisher's description For 1916 Vol II

Military Operations, France and Belgium, 1916 Volume I Maps and Appendices by Captain Wilfrid Miles Battery Press reprint edition.1994 135 pages. 6 maps. Trim Size: 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" hardcover ISBN: 207-1 Summary:Originally published in 1938, this title is part of the British official history set for ground operations in World War I. It is a companion volume to Military Operations, France and Belgium, 1916 Volume II (text).

goodness me, after all the money I've spent, I still don't have the complete set ?

Mick :angry2:

To get a complete set of the Official Histories including Eastern Siberia is very hard....

Appendices were published for 1916 vol 1; 1916 vol 2; 1917 vol 1 and 1918 vol 1 of the Western Front Volumes. There were alsao appendices for Gallipoli Vol. 1 and Gallipoli Vol. 2. The latter two were part of the IWM/Battery Press reprint plans but these two were never reprinted.

A search will find a thread outlining the extent of the Official Histories.