The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Order of Battle by Divisions

Malcolm Linham

Pals

I am looking for a copy of Order of Battle by Divisions Part 2 in hardback as published by Ray Westlake.

I know that I can get a new copy from N & M.

Can someone tell me if they were printed as a combined edition ie 2A & 2B or were they printed seperately ?

Cheers

Malcolm

Malcolm,

They were printed seperately.

Regards Frances

Frances

Thank you, I think I've located part 2a but I did'nt want to buy it if I could get a combined volume.

Malcolm

Malcolm

Ray Westlake`s version were in 2 parts in hardback, (i have all the books), but now these 2 books are in paperback. There are parts 2a + 2b combined available on Amazon for £23.75. I am sorry, i didnt realise that they had been republished in paperback form.

Regards Frances

Frances

Again thank you, I am aware of of the paperback version but I want hardback copies by Ray Westlake to match Parts 1 & 3 that I have already.

I have sourced a copy of part 2b and thats on its way so it's only 2a to find.

Malcolm

Frances

Again thank you, I am aware of of the paperback version but I want hardback copies by Ray Westlake to match Parts 1 & 3 that I have already.

I have sourced a copy of part 2b and thats on its way so it's only 2a to find.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

I am surprised that you managed to find the single volume; it is my experience that when such books are more or less linked at the hip, as it were, that you are better off waiting for the partner(s). For example, I have had Vol 1 of the History of the Rifle Brigade but never been able to get the second (same applies to the PPCLI); eventually the only solution was to get the reprint sets and grit my teeth.

Nigel,

Thanks for that, it took me nearly 9 months to find a copy of Spring Offensive 1918 in the VC's of the Great War at a sensible price.

So I have had great practice at waiting and looking.

Malcolm