The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

What Would You Have Done In THe Great War Daddy?

EastLancs

When I grew up I was taught at school the Lions lead by Donkeys myth. As a keen Amateur Historian and with family from Accrington I read deeper into the subject and realised what a slander this was on men who were learning the trade of war whilst fighting one of the most militaristic nations the world has ever seen.

As a result I have written a book based on the popular 'Fighting Fantasy' concept of linked paragraphs. It places the reader in the position of a man of military age when WW1 breaks out. The reader studies the introduction, turns to paragraph one and depending upon their decisions is directed to different paragraphs and different outcomes. The idea is to make people 'live' history and realise that it was made by ordinary people, just like them.

I have had friends read it and am confident that it is an entertaining and thought provoking read but I really would value the opinion of some people who are 'experts on the subject'. Any feedback, good bad or indifferent would be welcome.

The whole manuscript is available FOC via http://www.authonomy.com/ which is run by Harper Collins but I can send the file to you if you wish. I hasten to add that I make NO Money from this and only ask that people to donate something to the British Legion if they enjoy it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may give,

Ian

Ian - sounds interesting, but I can't get the link to work. If I enter the URL directly, I'm not sure what to search for!

Thanks

Ian - sounds interesting, but I can't get the link to work. If I enter the URL directly, I'm not sure what to search for!

Thanks

http://www.authonomy.com/ReadBook.aspx?bookid=6354#chapter

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The feedback that I have received from the other site says that the document is hard to read due to the format of the website splitting it in two.

As mentioned there, if anyone would like a complete file of the book I am willing to forward it by e-mail.

I really would like to know what some experts on the period think of it's historical accuracy and would be very grateful if your could help,

Thanks,

Ian