The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

33924 Sgt Alfred Tennant RGA

Guest DavidTennant

Guest DavidTennant

Alfred Tennant was my father. I have several photos of him in uniform , the first in a dark blue? and obviously very young. He was born 1892; at what age could he have joined the RGA?

I also have 2 group photos. One shows him in the winning 110 stone Tug of War team in Gibralter 1914 and the other at an unknown location. I also have him in uniform at his wedding in 1918 with 3 wound stripes . I think he was at Mundesley in Norfolk at that time. There is also a photo of him in a very casual style of uniform(looks like linen) , would this be hospital uniform?

Any help much appreciated

Guest DavidTennant

Ian

No, I live in Ottawa which makes it a bit difficult! I'll attach one which I have on disc, I'll have to scan the others and get them below 200kb. My father is marked with "x"

David

post-1-1080571978.jpg

Guest DavidTennant

I am now able to send this photo. I have had to crop the edges quite severely to get it below 200k. What do you think is going on here and where and when? My father is extreme Left at the back. Note the non issue headgear on the left and some of the trouser belts! It would appearto be some Summer Camp. Salisbury Plain?

post-1-1080745439.jpg