The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

History of the Welsh Regiment

larney

Hi Pals,

I was just having a routine search for a copy of this book on Google, after having nearly given up on finding a copy, when the Naval & Military Press appeared in the search results. They are about to release a reprint of the original History of the Welsh Regiment (both part one and part two), so I have put in a pre-order.

If there is anyone else out there interested in the Welsh Regiment that doesn't want to stump up £200-£300 for the original version, then this looks pretty good value, whatever the quality is likely to be, for £28!

(I have no links to them- am just very chuffed at finally getting hold of a copy, as it will be purely for research!) :D

Here is the link;

http://www.naval-military-press.com/histor...8-pr-22442.html

SteveJ.

paid a lot less for mine

regards John

Steve,

I saw that today too! Quite a coincidence seeing as just the other day we'd been musing over why it hadn't been printed yet!!

The very nice His Majesty's Territorial Army (1911) is also being reprinted (4 vols), which even discounting the colour plates has interesting information on every TF unit and its predecessors in the Boer War etc.

LST_164

There are a few nice new books coming out with them Clive, but I'll just get this one for now, although I'm tempted!

SteveJ.

Drat. Got 2 copies at present; one cost over £200 the other £70 (a surprise win on ebay).

Bernard

Managed to persuade my lovely wife and family that Vol. II would make a great gift for my birthday in June. So I ordered one as well.

Looking forward to its arrival already!

George

Drat. Got 2 copies at present; one cost over £200 the other £70 (a surprise win on ebay).

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

I nearly bought one that was advertised on ABE Books, through a New Zealand bookseller for about $350. I reserved it then had a quick Google search again, and thankfully found the reprint!

I can spend some money on some medals now! :D

SteveJ.

Lucky you, Steve!

Any news on the history front? ;o)

Bernard

Lucky you, Steve!

Any news on the history front? ;o)

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Yes- launch in mid September. It's on pre-release on Amazon at the moment. I had the draft through last week from Roni, and it looks pretty good. He's just added a couple of extra bits for me which I found last week, and I'll have the final draft by Wednesday to double check, and then looking forward to seeing it all in print!

Steve.

Excellent and well done! Look forward to seeing it.

Bernard