The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Two newly published great reads

ZackNZ

Wow!!

Congratulations in order to the following two GWF members:

Allie Toledo for her book – Wearing the Poppy – why we do and what it means Published by HarperCollins 2009 ISBN: 978 1 86950 774 9. Marvellous stories and great photos very effectively presented. Brilliant writing for the younger audience and the young at heart! This is a book that transcends the years and makes clear the impact of the war on a family in a really effective way.

Christine Liava’a Qaravi Na”i Tavi They did their duty Soldiers from Fiji in the Great War Published by Polygraphia 2009 ISBN 978 1 877332 62 3. Superb in-depth research and great details on a hitherto unrecorded piece of WW1 history. This book fills a huge gap in the WW1 story. Years of hard work must have gone into this impressive volume.

All pals will be interested in these two works. I thoroughly recommend these two books – check them out!

Brilliant contributions!

Thank you authors :D

Zack

Thanks, zack!

I agree Christine's book is amazing. A huge amount of work has gone into that, researching every soldier from Fiji complete with photographs of many of them. Certainly an excellent resource to have on hand should one need the information at one's fingertips, or just for even interest in that area of the world.

Allie

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, zack!

I agree Christine's book is amazing. A huge amount of work has gone into that, researching every soldier from Fiji complete with photographs of many of them. Certainly an excellent resource to have on hand should one need the information at one's fingertips, or just for even interest in that area of the world.

Allie

Thanks to all of you! I enjoyed doing it, even though it took ages!

Christine

Christine

You are to be commended on a significant piece of scholarship! Your work fills a big void!

Thank you

Zack :D

Well done those people.

Congratulations.