The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Medical Services

n cherry

Apologies if someone else has already put this up but in the latest newspaper from Naval and Military Press they are

advertising reprints of the 4 voulmes of the Medical Services OH....£28 per volume......

Thanks for that - I've been hoping they would appear. But the most expensive thread I've read today, as I rushed off and bought volumes 2 and 3 :(

Sue

Here is the Canadian Medical Corps history - digital form. Borden Battery

War Story of the Canadian Army Medical Corps

This is a very comprehensive "on-line" book on the Canadian Army Medical Corps during the Great War. This on-line book of some 300 pages [with text, figures and footnotes] includes the following chapters an Introduction, Rise of the CAMC, Assembly at Valcartier, Salisbury Plain, With the BEF in France, Second Battle of Ypres (Gas), Festubert, Givenchy, Plugstreet, Establishment of Hospitals in France, Stationary Hospitals and Other Medical Units. [Recommendation by marc leroux / www.canadianGreatWarProject.com][CEF Study Group - Jan 2006]

http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/adami/camc/camc.html

Are they hard or soft-bound?

Soft-bound.

Thanks - I do wish they would a limited run of hard-bound books for some of these titles. The paperbacks don't last long in my experience.