The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

In The Footsteps of Private Lynch

Mick D

Just a quick notification that this book is out, got mine for £10 from Tesco's.

If you don't know it is the follow up to SOMME MUD.

tried the search facility about it but cannot find any reviews, I will add on to this topic when I'm done.

Mick

Guest KevinEndon

Mick, can I suggest you have a copy of Somme Mud opened beside you when you read the new book, you will see why when you get into it,

Kevin

Kevin,

I have 'Somme Mud' but its been a while since I read it.

What do you mean ?

Mick

Guest KevinEndon

There are a heck of a lot of references to Somme Mud in the new book where you are reminded of what was said, where Nulla was really compaired to the book and other bits and bobs. The references are straight forward and if you haven't read Somme Mud for a while then have both books opened so you can flick from one to another making the new book far more understandable. A brilliant read as no doubt others will confirm when they have read it.

Kevin

Oh, thats ok, I thought you were going to say that there is something wrong or incorrect with the new book !

Thanks for that

Mick

Thanks for the info Mike, went out to get my copy my wife caught me and gave me a list of shoping.I shall now sit down with a whisky and the book.

Regards Roger.

Roger,

I got my book with the shopping, unfortunately I cannot fit it all in the fridge ! think I went a mad with the excitement of my purchase.

Mick