The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Genealogy

Guest John B.

My interest is in identifying Briffett soldiers lost in the Great War. I have been searching for Briffetts for over 35 years. I was born in London in 1916, arrived in America, with parents in 1920. Have contacted numerous Briffett families during many trips to England and continue to search for information to keep my files updated. Thank you, John R. Briffett

Hi John

Welcome to the forum, according to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website www.cwgc.org there were 2 men named Briffett killed in WW1 and 5 in WW2.

Steve

I don't know if you've seen 'Soldiers Died in the Great War'? If you have the following is pointless, if not it could be useful! Only two Briffett's are listed:

George William, Private, G/25704, 7th Battalion, Queens (Royal West Surrey) Regiment. Born Eastville, Bristol, enlisted Bristol, residence Montpelier, Gloucestershire. Killed in action, 10 August 1918, France & Flanders.

Harry James, Private, 6179, 19th Battalion, London Regiment. Enlisted London, residence Camden Town. Died of wounds, 13 August 1916, France & Flanders. Formerly served as 78805, Royal Army Medical Corps.