The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Ordering Serie Bleue maps direct from IGN France

burlington

Until now, I have always ordered these maps from a well known map shop in London. Stanf**ds.

They were well priced and the delivery was both fast and reasonably priced.

NOW, the maps cost some £9.95-£11.50 each, plus delivery, and many are for delivery in 4 weeks.

Ordering direct from IGN in France, the maps cost 7.90 euros each plus delivery costs about the same as in the UK.

AND, the maps were despatched withing 24 hours.

Bye, bye Stanf**ds. Sorry, but there it is.

Martin

I've always ordered mine online from The Map Shop at Upton on Severn. Current price £7.95 - usually next day delivery.

John

Please forgive my ignorance. I've been in Canada for forty **** years. Are Serie Bleue maps good for understanding the ground? Something like OS? We've begun to travel more to France and Flanders and seek anything that would make that easier. Thank you for your consideration. Antony

Antony

Yes to all questions. Similar to OS and vital to understanding the ground, particularly if going for a walk.

I've now got several and what I try to do before leaving home is mark up (in pencil) wartime positions that interest me. Makes photography during the visit much easier, IMO.

John

I've always ordered mine online from The Map Shop at Upton on Severn. Current price £7.95 - usually next day delivery.

John

Thoroughly recommended for service and speed.

Ian

Thanks John

I will rermember that for next time.

Martin

Yes to all questions.

Thanks, John. Much appreciated. A