The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Barford Camp

anthonyl

I recently obtained an old photo from a relative, on it was a group of soldiers most wearing puttees, I could not see any insignia. On the reverse is printed "M.Bennett Barford Camp Studio Salisbury Plain. It could possibly be connected to my GF or Great Uncle who served with the Rifle Brigade and the Royal Irish Rifles respectively in WW1. Anyone any ideas please

Living in hope (aren't we all)

Regars

Anthonyl

Anthony, if you post the photo here as well, one or more of the forum experts might be able to provide you with pointers based on the uniforms worn.

Paul

Anthony

I am currently working away from home where I have some material on the Camps on Salisbury Plain. I will check when I get home at the week-end to see if I have anything which would connect the RB and/or RIR and Barford.

Dave

Dave and Paul thanks for your prompt reply. I will try to post the photo, I've never tried it before so I haven't got a clue - I might need some help!

Regards

Anthonyl

:rolleyes:

Re the photo that I thought read Barford Camp, it is very old and I misread it, it is

Bulford Camp on Salisbury Plain and the men are probably Royal Irish Rifles as I am informed that back row right is my Great Uncle Frederick Graham late of Dun Loaghaire in Co. Dublin. The photo must have been taken before early 1916 or late 1915 as he lost an arm around this time and was transfered to the Labour Corp

Regards

Anthonyl