The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

B Battalion. Tank Corps

Paul Johnson

Looking for the War Diary for "B" Battalion, Tank Corps. Cant seem to find anything using the PROCAT Search aid. Can anyone help, or point me in the right direction please.

Thank You

PAUL JOHNSON :ph34r:

Paul - TNA index Tank Corps Battalions by their later numerical designation, not the original alpha titles. Try WO95/113.

Very useful diaries - many contain battalion war histories and appendices showing awards and honours, descriptions of major engagements, crew lists, tank damage reports etc etc (some are better than others).

regards - Tom

............... related to the Tulloch family that had so much to do with the development of the tank....??

No, - my lot were too busy poaching game in the Highlands to have time to "develop" anything :lol:

I do however have a large lump of what "might" be part of a WW1 Brit tank in my garden, - provenance pointed in that direction but a positive ID has been elusive, - even David F___ at Bovington was unsure, ............... but then I also have another "bit" which is definitely of the British WW1 Tank variety, found at Courcelette, of all places. (I've heard, that is. Please understand that "I know nothing").

It's amazing how long you can stand staring at a left hand thread before you realise its a left hand thread !

Regards - Tom

Tom,

Thanks very much for the info. I will be at the TNA on Thursday, so this will be of great help to me.

Regards

PAUL JOHNSON :ph34r: