The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Ersatzbataillion Infanterie Regiment 152

Chris Noble

Chris, The Ersatz Battalion was probably located quite close to the regiment. At that time it was positioned on the Dvina in Russia, between Friedrichstadt and Jakobstadt.

Hope this helps. If someone has the regimental history it might give an exact location in this area.

Ralph

Hello,

The Ersatz-Bataillon was always in the garrison town of the regiment. It was a unit that did the basic training for the regiment in war-time.

I'll see if I can find more about the regiment...

Jan

Sorry Chris, I was thinking of the Recruit Companies at the Recruit Depot, these were normally stationed near the regiment where the men received final training before posting to a company. Jan is correct regarding the Ersatz Battalion.

The 152 IR was from the XX Corps and the regimental depots were in Marienburg and Stuhm.

Ralph

Thanks for the info Ralph and Jan.

If you could provide me with anymore info Jan, that would be great.

Best wishes to you both.

Chris.

Egbert

The document mentions von Falkenhayn as the 'Chef des Regimentes' from 1917-1919. What does this position refer to?

Robert

Egbert

The document mentions von Falkenhayn as the 'Chef des Regimentes' from 1917-1919.  What does this position refer to?

Robert

Robert,

Usually you call the Commanding Officer "Chef". But if a unit (usually Division and up) has a full blown staff (today A1-A6), sometimes you call the Chief of Staff (Chef des Stabes) who organizes the staff work also "Chef"

Now I understand what you ask for: don't mix it with the "Regimentskommandeur" (usually a Colonel or Lieutenant Colonel). Before and within the 1st WW each Regiment had a quasi mentor, "owner", in this case General F.

The Regiment my Granddad served in (IR 49) was "owned" by Gen.v. Kluck