The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Message for Kathryn

Chris Caul

Hello Kathryn

I finally managed to go to the Staffordshire Regiment museum this morning.

They do not have any personal details of soldiers - they were all passed to the PRO.

I was able to find out a few more details about the soldier I have been researching though, and I was also able to get some photocopies of official Regimental documents as well so it was definately worth the visit.

If you want to get in touch with them, the person I spoke to was Willie Turner - he was very helpful and knowledgeable and has a research room that you can go to:

Colour Sergeant (CQMS) Willie Turner

RHQ/Museum

Whittington Barracks,

Lichfield

Staffs

WS14 9PY

tel/fax 01543-434394.

email museum@rhqstaffords.fsnet.co.uk

Chris

Thankyou very much letting me know Chris

I'm really glad it was worth the visit. What kind of thing did you look at, I bet it was fascinating. I really want to go myself now, especially as I have recently discovered that I have another gt. gt. Uncle (who is a brother to the soldier i was researching), who was in the 2/North Staffords. He died in Peshawar in 1912 and I know nothing about this at all, except what a forum member has told me about him probably being part of the British Army Garrison in India and that many of them died from disease. I shall contact Willie Turner and hopefully one day I can make the trip

Thankyou again

Kathryn