The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Sidney Thomas Ince

perce620

Have a copy of his diary and have researched him even went to ypres to photo his name on the menin Gate, Can anyone get me a photo of his name on the Warrington War memorial ? He also named on the J Crosfield memorial, Where is this. His medals are on display in the Warrington museum, hope I get up that way one day to see them

Does anyone have any photos of the 1/5th circa 1915?

Cpl Sidney Thomas Ince 1674 1/5 South Lancs , KIA 16th June 1915 at Bellwarde

Perce

I live in Warrington so I'll see if I can find his name on the memorial for you. The "J Crosfield" memorial is also in Warrington (it's now part of Lever Brothers), so I'll try for a picture that one as well. And for the hat trick, I'll pop in to the museum and try to get a shot of his medals.

Regards

Stephen

outstanding ,Thank you very much, would you like the text of the diary in return, deciphered it and saved it on a word document. Forms part of a research project I am doing

Yes, that would be interesting.

Let me get the pictures (hopefully over the weekend, but maybe a bit after) then you can let me see the text in return.

What's your interest in our man? Family?

Stephen

No I got given a photo copy of his 1915 letts diary and the letter sent to his Mum on his death, sparked the research bug and have been researching him and his unit and the Bellwarde battle for the last couple of years. need more on his unit , have the casualty lists for the battle for his unit as well as losses for the time the diary started Feb until his death. Ambition is to own a 1914-15 star trio to this unit.