The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Alphascript Publishing - Warning

JimSmithson

I was searching through Amazon for any books I might have missed when a book on Arras surfaced that I did not know. I was a little put off by the cover (a small section of the tank tracks of a second world war model!) so I looked up the authors. They also seem to ahve their names on about 1000 other books, many on Amazon. I looked further and found references to the fact that all the books are nothing more than Wikipedia articles printed (badly in some cases I have read) and bound and sold as very expensive books (over £30 or so). What a scam!! I think Amazon need to review whether these books should be sold through their site.

Do not touch with a barge pole.

Jim

I visited their website where they admit it is all copied from Wikipedia and all published "at no cost to our authors"!!!! I see their offices are in Mauritius well known as a centre of publishing excellence. It is amazing what people will try to get away with. There are, apparently, over 16000 books of material ripped off from Wikipedia available through Amazon and, I suspect, there is nothing anyone can do to stop them. Unbelievable.