The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Erinnerungsblätter Regimenter Bayerische Armee, Das Reserve Regiment L

honorfilms

Anyone know if there is an English translation of this book about the List Regiment (16th RIR) Hitler's Regiment in the war.

Thanks.

Julian

No translation, but the original is very well written and an easy read: Vier Jahre Westfront. Die Geschichte des Regiments List R.I.R. 16 Dr Fridolin Solleder Munich 1932. They seem to be like hens' teeth. I have been trying to buy one for years and only have a few copied extracts, unfortunately.

Jack

No translation, but the original is very well written and an easy read: Vier Jahre Westfront. Die Geschichte des Regiments List R.I.R. 16 Dr Fridolin Solleder Munich 1932. They seem to be like hens' teeth. I have been trying to buy one for years and only have a few copied extracts, unfortunately.

Jack

Hi Jack

I have the copy as a PDF. Bought it from a German who scanned it. Doesn't help me as i don't speak much German, certainly not enough to wade through.

But thanks for the reply

J

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if there is an English translation of this book about the List Regiment (16th RIR) Hitler's Regiment in the war.

Thanks.

Julian

One would think that if there was a regimental history from WWI that would have been translated, it would be this one. I'm not sure that any German unit histories have been translated, and I know of only one from the pre-war Imperial German Army.

• 4 years later...