The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

180 Coy MT ASC

Guest Debra

My Grandfather Pte William Francis Hill and his brother L/Cpl Henry T Hill both served with 180 Coy MT ASC. I believe a book was written about this unit titled:

Lipscombe, G. Historical record of 180 Coy. Royal Army Service Corps, Mechanical Transport. Aldershot : Gale & Polden, 1919, but have been unable to locate a copy. If any one could suggest where I might be able to obtain a copy would be greatly appreciated. (I live in Australia).

I am seeking any information I can obtain about this particular unit. I have a number of pictures of men from this company with my Grandfather and Uncle, taken in France about 1915, during a show they performed titled "Yes I Think So", which may be of interest should I find anyone else whose relatives also served with this unit. I also have the PROGRAMME that goes along with the show pictures. I am unable to visit the PRO to look for information myself about this company as I live overseas, so any information greatly received.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Cheers

Debra

Debra

180 Coy was formed on 19th January 1915 and was absorbed into 179 MT Coy on 13th March 1918. It served with the 19th Division at home as part of the Division Ammunition Sub Park (MT); at home with the 10th Division, as part 18 Ammunition Sub Park, and on the Western Front with 6 Corps.

Source: Army Service Corps 1910-1918 , Michael Young.

Terry Reeves

Terry,

Thanks very much for your information. Greatly appreciated. I will see if I can find anything out about these units. :D

Cheers

Debra