The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Uniforms & Equipment of the British Army in World War 1

Soren

Hello,

Forum Pal Sabine's husband was kind enough to lend me this book, it is fantastic, I'm now in a position to buy my own copy, would you know of a good place to purchase it from?

Many thanks

Soren

Suvla Bay is getting there, I'm on the tour section now so hope to have it completed late summer this year. Just the photo and map research to do and of course another trip or two back to the battlefield to ensure when I write "turn left" it shouldnt had been a "turn right", thus preventing losing someone off a cliff face somewhere!

Suvla Bay is getting there, I'm on the tour section now so hope to have it completed late summer this year. Just the photo and map research to do and of course another trip or two back to the battlefield to ensure when I write "turn left" it shouldnt had been a "turn right", thus preventing losing someone off a cliff face somewhere!

Put me on the list for a book :D

Took the plunge and bought this book from WHS.

A good reference book with some excellant photos. A compliment to bodsworths volume.

Shame my copy was a bit dented on the corners but not to the degree I will return it.

TT

• 3 years later...

British Uniforms and Equipment of the First World War John Bodsworth

Only just come across this book and find it's currently available for £66 new from Amazon or £117 second hand - eh??

Bit too soon after Christmas for me, but from what I can glean this sounds like a definitive work on the subject?

David