The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

surrender be dammned 1st batt monmouthshire regiment

Guest tafski

Have been searching for a copy of surrender be dammned by les hughes and john Dixon History of the first Battalion Monmouthshire Regiment 1914 1918 found a copy on Amazon price quoted £202.69p plus post and pack and this copy is second hand , Question why such a high price ?? :wacko:

tafski :poppy:

I think someone is chancing his luck with that- is there any possibility of tracing the authors, to see if they have a couple of spare copies? It was published by Cwm Press, so it may be worth getting in touch with them?

SteveJ.

Well its a good job i picked up a copy on Sunday at Abergavenny medal meet wait for it a clean ex libary copy at a bargain price of £8.00 ching ching :D

Tafski :poppy: now wheres the safe key

Well its a good job i picked up a copy on Sunday at Abergavenny medal meet wait for it a clean ex libary copy at a bargain price of £8.00 ching ching :D

Tafski :poppy: now wheres the safe key

Very lucky indeed! Well done.

SteveJ.

Trying it on, I suspect, Tafski. A couple of times before, I've commented on Internet booksellers asking £500 or so for a copy of N D G James' Plain Soldiering - ten times what I would pay for a copy if I didn't have one already.

Moonraker

I remember trying to buy a copy soon after it was published and only being able to buy a misprinted copy

regards john