The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Redan Ridge - the Last Stand

Deerhunter

A very good, interesting read about The Lonsdales' (11th Border Regt) actions during the Somme offensive. Full of well-researched historical detail, linked to the battlefield topography, and an excellent companion to a battlefield tour.

I have just come back from a weekend of walking the Somme battlefield, and wish I'd had the book when I was over there. The seller has advertised these on Ebay, which is where I bought mine. I'm not sure, without looking, if there are more for sale on there, but the details are as follows:

Redan Ridge: The Last Stand, by Peter Weston

ISBN 978-0-9552477-0-5

Printed by ORPHANS 01568 612460

Thanks for posting. I must get this! I likewise have tramped around the area in November. I was not aware of this book.

Thanks again, peter.

P.S.

Off topic:

By the way, Mick D, every time I see one of your posts, I crack a smile: "Enjoy the Silence" goes through my head for at least an hour! (not a bad thing) cheers, peter.

• 2 years later...

members may wish to know that I have now republished the book with more info and pics, you can get it on ebay or from me direct or order from amazon.

Pete W p.weston96@yahoo.com

Another one sold Pete via e-bay....

Do you do the signature thing in them?

Looking forward to the postladys knock knock. :thumbsup:

Hi to all members who have supported my latest work, just when you think you have come to the end people start contacting you with bits of new info which you wish you had before!! ho well maybe version 3 for 2016 who knows. But once again many thanks for your help and I hope you enjoy the book.

Pete W

Pete, thanks for your help as well with my little mistake!

tony

P.S.

Off topic:

By the way, Mick D, every time I see one of your posts, I crack a smile: "Enjoy the Silence" goes through my head for at least an hour! (not a bad thing) cheers, peter.

Peter,

Just noticed your reply from a while ago, yes it is indeed 'Enjoy the silence'. I have an animated 'I feel you' avatar on another forum, cannot get it to work on this on though !

MIck

• 3 weeks later...

Just read the book Pete....Excellent stuff.. :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Just ordered the book from the author. Signed. Many thanks Pete....