The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Coming soon -Trevor Pidgeon's new book

delta

The Tanks on the Somme

I have been keeping my eyes open for this, ever since Trevor's untimely death. It is the follow-up to his ground-breaking "The Tanks at Flers"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tanks-Somme-Morval...3697&sr=8-1

Have pre-ordered a copy and will provide a review as soon as I can

Stephen

It would be nice if Trevor's original book was available at something less than the 75 quid being quoted on Amazon. Still, it's a rarity these days, so I suppose the efect of market forces is to be expected

It would be nice if Trevor's original book was available at something less than the 75 quid being quoted on Amazon. Still, it's a rarity these days, so I suppose the efect of market forces is to be expected

He published the book himself; I think he only had one print run; hence the limited availability.

I treasure my signed copy of Trevor's first book and will certainly order this new one.

One of the great experiences of my times on the Western Front was a tour round the interior of High Wood with Trevor - no doubt during a research trip for his latest Somme volume. A true gentleman who wore his wonderful Great War scholarship very lightly indeed. He is sadly missed.