The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Fromelles

paulgranger

NMP are offering this at £4.95 plus p&P which is very good value. Their blurb, on the other hand, is not!:

“FROMELLES 1916” the desperate rearguard action, with 7000 British and Australian casualties, to halt a determined German offensive across the Somme.

NMP are offering this at £4.95 plus p&P which is very good value. Their blurb, on the other hand, is not!:

“FROMELLES 1916” the desperate rearguard action, with 7000 British and Australian casualties, to halt a determined German offensive across the Somme.

I've already told them, Paul, and received a reply saying that the 'blurb' is being corrected.

I've already told them, Paul, and received a reply saying that the 'blurb' is being corrected.

Good show! Should have got on to them myself, but I'm doing a sneaky surf at work.

I got the e-mail as well. Had to read the 'blurb' twice and still confusing.

Did order the book though.

Cheers Andy.

• Admin

Andy

This website offers free delivery worldwide http://www.bookdepository.co.uk and I use it to send stuff out to my nieces and nephew (admittedly Thomas The Tank Engine items as much as other areas) and the service has been good.

Worth keeping in mind if you are interested in this book http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97809...ering-Fromelles and can't make it to France in July.

Cheers

Glen

EDIT: I have no connections or interest in that website or company.

Glen,

Thanks for the link, I've seen the book before in the shops, but not for that price.

Cheers Andy.

• Admin

Andy

What book did you see in my link? I posted what I thought was the new CWGC book which isn't published until 01 July. Heaven forbid an early release in an area where it is much more likely to sell. :unsure:

Glen

Glen,

It's the CWGC book. You've got me thinking now. I'm sure I've seen it on the shelves - and it's on the list of things to get.

Maybe I'm losing it and have read about it on the net :wacko:

Cheers Andy.

well its down to £2.99 around here!

matt

What's down to £2.99, Matt? If it's Paul Cobb's book, I imagine it's the first edition that's on offer at that price. The new edition contains additional material.

nope its the new edition! made sure i picked up a copy, don't know how long they will remain

matt

In that case the price must be indicative of retailers stocking up in advance of an anticipated surge of interest in Fromelles in the UK that has not eventuated.

Remaindered in 'The Works' shop at Swansea today. Can't recall the price.

Bernard