The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

help

Dave_59

Im looking for a ww1 soldier that survived called Albert Hearn. I do not know much about him as I am looking for someone else. There are over 30 Albert Hearns on the MIC list.

He was an agricultural worker i think (so im told) and had a son named Brian in 1926. Could anyone look him up in Kellys or any other databases

thanks

dave

Dave

That's a monumental task! Every small town had a Kelly's! You don't have any idea where Albert Hearn came from?

Viv

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Well monumental but not impossible - suggest you look through WO 363 & 364 and look for an agricultural worker - only snag is if there are more than 1 with thast trade <_<

Needle, haystack.....................................................

Ian

Guest Man of Kent

There are only two Albert Hearns on the 1891 Census covering Kent; their details are as follows:

Albert E. Hearn, aged 4 years, of Charlton parish in the borough of Dover. The handwriting is a little difficult to decipher, but his father appears to be called Eden D. Hearn - a 48 year old Letter Carrier also from Dover - and his mother was Elizabeth, 45 years of age and from London. There are five siblings.

The other candidate is Albert E. Hearn, aged 8 years, of St Mary the Virgin parish, also in the borough of Dover. His father was Edward E. Hearn, a 32 year old Coal Merchant's Carter, who was born in Buckingham (Buckinghamshire), and his mother was Elizabeth A. Hearn aged 29 years from Maidstone, Kent. There are two siblings recorded.

I hope the info helps!

Regards

Paul aka Man of Kent

Guest Man of Kent

Just to add, the following candidates were born subsequent to the 1891 Census but appear in the 1901 Census covering Kent. Their details may be checked online, for a small fee, at : PRO CENSUS

Albert Hearn 2 Dover, Kent, England

Albert Hearn 7 Erith, Kent, England

Albert Hearn 8 Swanscombe, Kent, England

Paul aka Man of Kent