The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1st/4th Royal West Kents

Guest Man of Kent

Guest Man of Kent

Are any pals researching this battalion, or interested in seeing some photographs of their time in India? I am also in possession of photographs depicting the battalion's part in the Third Afghan War of 1919 - which include some featuring the fortress at Spin Baldak and the aftermath of it's capture.

I'm researching all the battalions of the RWK and its predecessors throughout its history, so I'd definitely be interested in any photos, if you're planning to put them up on the web somewhere.

Matthew

Guest Man of Kent

Since the scan quality of these photographs appears in some cases to be extremely poor, I'm afraid it will be necessary to enhance them first. However, I will do this between now and next weekend and let you have copies in due course.

Meanwhile, here is an appetizer......

post-2-1086191774.jpg

Definitely interested in seeing more photos like this (more pythons please!) and intrigued to learn more about the Third AFghan War. Keep posting!

Nick

;) Sgt H.J.Hirschfield DCM died of wounds with the 1st Bn R.W.K i'am looking for any photos of this battalion.

Tony

I am also interested in the Third Afghan War as I am researching a chap who served in it with 2nd. Somerset LI.

This page will give a taster for those who may be interested in the war.

http://www.magweb.com/sample/smwa/safgh.htm

Dave