The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Tanks on the Somme by Trevor Pidgeon

Mick D

Just received my copy of the above book, it covers the use of tanks during the Somme offensive. On first look it appears to have everything I need, authorative text, maps, photographs and a field guide to each section. If I remember I'll post a longer review when I've read it. It should be about my 'next' book to read.

Mick

I have had mine for just over a week; it is Trevor to a T.

Wonderfully researched; it creates clarity in what is a most "confused" set of records.

I felt his hand guiding me again

My sincere thanks to Graham Keech for bringing Trevor's work to fruition

The Book Depository is selling this for £11.45 plus P&P, which seems a good price. Get them while they're hot, though. Yesterday the price was £10.18 plus P&P.

Or better still

Use the Amazon link & get a few pence for the forum

Andy

Trevor knew that his days were numbered, and literally burnt the midnight oil to get this book done.

After the manuscript was finished, the finer details were worked out from Trevor's hospital bed, with instructions to myself and to Graham Keech. Even in his last few weeks and days, Trevor was consumed with leaving this legacy behind him.

In one of my last conversations with him, and with the prospect of his future dimming, his real sorrow, was of being unable to read the service at the 90th anniversary of the end of the Great War, as he had been asked, and felt so honoured to do.

This posthumous book, really is a fitting tribute to a man, who spent so much of his time and effort honouring those who fell.

I amongst many, feel privileged to have known him.

Guy

Trevor Pidgeon

post-12226-053367200 1282774084.jpg

Received my copy the other day - a fitting tribute to the author.

Ditto to Kens post. If it is half as good as Tanks At Flers it will be a treat!!

TT