The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

1/7 Highland Light Infantry

glasgow

I have had a look in "Regimental Histories of the British Army", to see if there is details of any book on the 1/7th HLI, but could not find one as such, however, the book "Proud Heritage" The story of the Highland Light Infantry , written by Lt-Col L.B. Oatts is in 4 volumes, volume 3 is The Regular, Militia, Volunteer, T.A. & Service Battalions HLI 1882-1918.

As the 1/7th Battalion were Territorials in WW1, and wondered if reference to the Bn might be in this volume, and if you in fact live in Glasgow it may be worth checking with the local reference library.

Another thing did occur to me when checking for you, that being perhaps a "private" publication had been written at some point following WW1, again a question worth asking at the library.

As the regiment amalgamated with the Royal Scots Fusiliers in 1959 to become the Royal Highland Fusiliers, a telephone call to their Regimental Museum might be a good idea, the only telephone number that I have for the museum is 0141 3320961, it is (or was) one of the "better" museums that allows searches by visitors.

Sorry not to have been more help.

David.