The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

labour corps?

Guest lawrencevanrijn

Guest lawrencevanrijn

Hi all,

My great grandfather served in the labour corps annd in the 19th london regiment.

I learned more about his time in the 19th, but in the labour corps he served in regiment 346511.

It is harder for me to find info as i live in the Netherlands. Can anyone help me in a direction?

Kind regards,

Lawrence

Lawrence - would you like to post his details? name, 19th London number etc

I have a database of men who served in the 19th, I might be able to add some more

regards

Charles

Assuming no transcription errors from the MIC, his 6 digit TF number 612241 does make him a 19th man.

He would probably have had a 4 digit pre march 1917 number of 5921. (I have a Pte Ernest Edward MACHIN with numbers 5922 and 612242.)

I think that he would have orginally enlisted in the KRRC. All my 19th men who were killed and who had numbers in the range from c. 5864 or 612193 up to about 6113 or 612393 all appear to have originally served in the KRRC. Their earlier KRRC bns included 6, 10, 11 and 13. I cant yet discern any patterns from their KRRC numbers, but where I know enlistment dates from the SWB roll most appear to have joined up in the summer and autumn of 1915.

• 2 months later...

Hi Lawrence - just wondered how your research into your great grandfather was going. Did we identify the right man?

regards

Charles