The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Capt. Ernest H. Simpson R.C.R.

N.S.Regt.

Hi

My posting is two fold first I wanted to share a group of medals with the forum and second I would hope to get some information.

Capt. Ernest H. Simpson is from Kentville N.S. joined the R.C.R. Aug. 22 1915 and was one of the original officers, a Lieut. of C coy. He served in France with the Regt. and was wounded 21 June 1916 and captured 8 Oct. 1916. He was only promoted Capt. the day after his capture. He spent his remaining war in camps at the following places Onsabruck, Clausthal A/Harz and Stralsund. Capt. Simpson was repatriated Dec 18 1918 and ended his military service on june 10 1919.

I am looking for information on how and where he was captured and the camps he was kept. If anyone happens to have a picture of him and a Capt. Hugh B. Poston also of the R.C.R. a image would be great. Below is Simpson's trio and his 14-15 star below that.

Best regards

N.S.Regt.

post-1-1087511091.jpg

14-15 star

post-1-1087511146.jpg

Morning NS Regt,

A great group!. Capt E.H. Simpson was taken prisoner at the Regina Trench. The 9th Bde and 7th Brigade (49th Bn and RCR leading) were ordered to attack Regina Trench. The RCR were successful in capturing portions of Regina, but were driven off by fierce German counter-attacks and barrages. Simpson was captured during this action.

Bill

Thanks for the information the service records are rather vague in that area I have to invest in the R.C.R. history soon.

Best regards

N.S.Regt.

David

It came Locally to me about 10 Years ago have his service at the front pin and commission scroll. Nice to hear you like it, thanks for the comment.

Best regards

N.S.Regt.

Lovely trio, N.S.Regt.! Thanks for posting the photos.