The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

4th Bn Middlesex Regiment

Dr ELG

Hello! I am researching an M.O att to this Bn and would like to locate diaries that might mention him. I would be grateful for any help. I have read one, written by Lt Wollocombe which is in the Imp War Mus, but feel there might be more. Many Thanks ;)

Hello Dr.

If you have not done so already, perhaps the R.A.M.C. Historian might be the person to contact regarding the M.O. of the 4thBn Middlesex Regiment.

The last time that I had a query similar to that of yours I was furnished with a mass of information, but that was back in 2001, then the R.A.M.C. Historian was R.L. Barrett-Cross, perhaps this is still the case but if you telephone the Army Medical Services Museums at Keogh Barracks, Aldershot they could put you in touch with the R.A.M.C. Historian.

Telephone number is 01252 340212 for the museum.

Just in case R.L. Barrett-Cross still lives at the same address the telephone number is (number deleted) , (Croydon), hope this is of help.

David.

Please do not post private phone numbers on the Forum unless you have the express permission of the person concerned. Terry Denham