The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

German Soldiers

Max

Hello Everyone

I am in the process of creating a website that maps the service of the 1/KOYLI during the period 3rd May 1915 to 1st October 1915 (These dates encompass the period when my GGrandad served with the battalion). It is a long slow process but it is starting to take shape.

I have lots of information regarding British troops during the period and I intend dedicating a section where certain individuals service and background are told in the form of a short biography, similar to the way that Chris does it on the mothersite. It struck me today that it is all very well having just British soldiers highlighted in this way but that it may create an imbalance and an idea that it was only the British that suffered. With this in mind I would really appreciate information on German soldiers who died during the above period. Ideally during the Battle of Frezenberg on the 8th May 1915 and the Battle of Loos especially if they sucumbed during the defence of the Hohenzollern Redoubt between 28th Sept and 1st October 1915. Photos would be a real bonus.

Please be aware that any information presented on the website will be done in as sensitive a manner as is possible and will demonstrate due respect.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy