The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

REGIMENT RECOGNITION

NIGEL

Can anybody please tell me what regiment the young man on the right belongs to

Also the young man on the left has a stick and looks like some rope on his shoulder can anybody tell me what this is as he cant be an officer as he looks too young

post-1-1088535413.jpg

Guest AmericanDoughboy

His badge holds a resemblance to the Durham Light Infantry Badge but I do not believe that that is so simply because there looks as to be something sticking out of the top of the badge. Also, the young man on the left could possibly be an officer simply because by 1916 - 1918 "Kitchener's Volunteers" held many young officers with no real battle experience, just officer training. It was very common, however I would not judge by his age, but his tunic. Officer tunics were mostly very dress like tunics with ties etc.

Annette - Ox & Bucks? Can I just see the OX on his shoulder title?

Surely the young man on the left (A private I would have thought) is carrying a normal swagger stick and wearing a normal lanyard. Fairly standard gear for walking out?

Not sure what the capbadges are of the other two though! Phil B

Annette - Ox & Bucks? Can I just see the OX on his shoulder title?

Surely the young man on the left (A private I would have thought) is carrying a normal swagger stick and wearing a normal lanyard. Fairly standard gear for walking out?

Not sure what the capbadges are of the other two though!  Phil B

The other two likely lads are wearing Royal Warwickshire Regiment Badges!with the 1st ,2nd or 3rd Birmingham Battalion Extra Scroll!!!

The badges on my grandad at the back and the young elvis looking young man on the left are the Royal Warwicks may be the 11th batt as my grandad was in that battalion so maybe the other was aswell

But also does anybody recognise them as their relatives

Yes, I see it now HB!

The other option for the bugle could be Sherwood Rangers, but he doesn`t look like a cavalryman. Phil B

I'm with Phil B on the chap front left, Ox & Bucks LI, with an Oxfordshire shoulder title.

If the two Brummies are what's been suggested, they're lacking the Birmingham Battalion shoulder titles.

I'm with Phil B on the chap front left, Ox & Bucks LI, with an Oxfordshire shoulder title.

If the two Brummies are what's been suggested, they're lacking the Birmingham Battalion shoulder titles.

The Uniforms look new,I expect they were awaiting titles as they are not wearing any!

Any view on the 2 small shiny things on the left cuff of the soldier front left? And does his floppy hat fit with waiting for titles? Phil B

I have photoshop 6 -----if you can tell me how to capture the image on the screen when i have blown it up i will try and do it phil