The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

What Are The Chances Of That Happening?

HarryBettsMCDCM

Whilst recently perusing the Listings I found this PC of an anonymous Cambridgeshire Soldier,listed as taken @ Cowgate Peterborough,it immediately rang a Bell,as that is Co~Op Country & I have the MM Pair & Plaque to a Private Wilfred Eric Bean,1/1st Cambridgeshire Regiment TF{late Essex Regt},who previous research showed was employed as a Butchers Assistant @ the Co~Op there before the War,living just up the Road in Gladstone Street.A close look @ him caused me to dash upstairs to my Files & dig out the Copy Photograph I was kindly sent some years ago by a descendant of Wilfreds taken around his 21st Birthday in Civvies,circa 1913/4,placing the Print next to the Postcard,albeit a fuzzy online posting,I was amazed by the Similarities between My 21st Birthday Boy & the World Weary Soldier,admittedly the Hair style had changed from a Floppy Curly mop to a Brilliantined Army Hair Cut & some Puppy fat had gone,but comparing the Facial features Eyes.Brows,Nose,Huge Hands & especially the Mouth/Lips convinced me they are one & the same!

I would appreciate fellow Forum Pals considerations{especially Facial Reconstruction Forensic Experts}& opinions! Thank you.

Head n Shoulders.....

Roger

Could you post the pics side by side as I'm scrolling up and down to see them at the same time. I know I'm no expert but they do look very similar!

Would be super if they were the same person!!

Kathryn

Roger

Could you post the pics side by side as I'm scrolling up and down to see them at the same time. I know I'm no expert but they do look very similar!

Would be super if they were the same person!!

Kathryn

Silly Me Kathryn,Try this!Thanks I'd been Scrolling up & down too Doh!!

Its me age you know! :blink:

I agree with Ian. The one in uniform has a nose that is not as wide across the nostrils as the one in civvies.

Fred

I'm not convinced either, the eyebrows and the ears don't seem to fit.

even with all that hair i would have thought with ears that stick out so much you would be able to see them.

Sorry,

Mandy

Roger,

I'm not convinced either, the eyebrows and the ears don't seem to fit.

even with all that hair i would have thought with ears that stick out so much you would be able to see them.

Sorry,

Mandy