The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

kenneth505

Fortuitously found this book at the used booksellers tables under Waterloo bridge this past summer. Loved the approach, read it quickly and put it on the shelf. Now I am starting to realize that it is one of a series. What are the other titles?

You can read them all separately but in chronological order there are; 1914, Somme, They called it Passchendale, and 1918 - To the Last Man. There is also The Roses of No Man's Land about nurses during the war.

I have the lot and loved them all, The Roses of No Man's Land being my favourity :thumbsup:

I have them all and love "Roses." I think "1915" is the slowest of them; I am not sure quite why. It has been a while since I read that one-though. I wonder if she will write another one; I would certainly buy it!

My favourite of these is "1914" - fast paced and very entertaining. It was also very evocative of the mood prevailing in the UK in the summer of 1914.

• Admin

Roses is definitely the best in my opinion. It is years since I read any of her others, they are good starting blocks..............

Michelle

'1914' is one of my favourite books, it got me in to WW1 in a more meaningful way some years back and whilst has some flaws is still and excellent read.

Regards

Arm

Roses is the best by a large margin in my opinion,very poignant and moving. The others seemed less interesting to me

for some reason and I didn't finish 1915 it just didn't hold my interest.

Best/Liam