The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Sir Edwin Lutyens

ypres

Hi All, and a very merry Christmas. Anyone have a copy, and could they let me know their thoughts. Kind Regards. JIM :thumbsup:

Happy Christmas to you too.. .. Is that the expensive architecture book? I'm interested in that one too... Perhaps I wasn't a good enough boy this year for Santa to bring it to me

Hi, Le Treport

Thank you for your quick response.

But that just about sums up my situation!. I will have to start saving, having just read Kieth Roberts link.

I hope both of you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards. JIM

It is a beautifully produced book - and looking at the photos puts into a nutshell the sheer extent of what was achieved in the memorails and cemeteries erected after the Great War, surely one of the great construction projects of all time.

Hi Ypres - Are you talking about Lutyens and the great war by Skelton & Gliddon?

If you are, it is a fantastic book for both information and reference, great pictures as well.

Available on Abe in hardback from about £20 including postage, used.

Well worth a bit of that christmas money.

Tim.

It is a beautifully produced book - and looking at the photos puts into a nutshell the sheer extent of what was achieved in the memorails and cemeteries erected after the Great War, surely one of the great construction projects of all time.

Thanks for your thoughts on this Nigel. Cheers, JIM.

Hi Ypres - Are you talking about Lutyens and the great war by Skelton & Gliddon?

If you are, it is a fantastic book for both information and reference, great pictures as well.

Available on Abe in hardback from about £20 including postage, used.

Well worth a bit of that christmas money.

Tim.

Hi, Tim

Different book, but will look it up as well. Looks like Christmas money is going to be well spent! Thanks for your input. JIM