The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Clyde Aubrey Patriquin - 15th Rn. CEF

marc leroux

Clyde Aubrey Patriquin (901323)

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I came across this entry in the CVWM. The entry in the CWGC has him in the 25th Battalion.

TIA

marc

I can only speculate, but since the Virtual War Memorial calls his unit the "Central Ontario Regiment" I assume they think he was with the 15th Battalion when he died. I suspect it was a typographical error. The Books of Remembrance list him with the 25th. Perhaps a source of confusion was Wilfred Patriquin, who died while with the 15th Reserve Battalion.

I don't really know.

Marc

Clyde Patriquin was a member of the 25th and was killed with them I even tried to buy his medals once but a friend told me they were not for sale. He has a memorial headstone in the little graveyard in Great Village N.S. Clyde also was awarded the M.M. and bar I can give you more information if needed. I am not sure of his service before the 25th but it is not uncommon to find medals named to units and were transfered to another from their home province. I have a few like that sent to france with one unit and ending up with another the orginial unit will or should appear on the war and victory.

Best regards

N.S.Regt.

I agree (as usual) with James; I think it's a scanning or typographical error.

N.S.Regt, he enlisted into the 193rd NS Highlanders.

Broznitsky

You are correct he was originally 193rd battalion I had a talk to one of the family about him I did not see the medals so I cannot confirm or disprove the 15th battalion connection. I was doing my first post from memory but checking records he was awarded the D.C.M. L.G. March 3 1918 and M.M. L.G. April 2 1918 not the MM and bar. Below is a picture of him as a member of the 193rd.

Best regards

N.S.Regt.

post-1-1091135559.jpg

Thanks, Guys

marc

A update on Clyde Patriquin he went to France with the 73rd Battalion I just got off the phone with someone who was looking at the medals. The pair is named to the 73rd Battalion and the DCM-MM to the 25th battalion. So most likley a error in the typing I have a list of errors to sent the site so I will include this with them (I have not got to the Ps yet).

Best Regards

N.S.Regt.