The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

John Cyril DEAKIN

Guest sivartd

Guest sivartd

John Cyril DEAKIN, born 6 August 1899, SALFORD.

Joined the Army and was gassed, he survived and had a terrible chest for the rest of his life.

I have searched the Archives online for a Medal card for him, I can't find a John Cyril DEAKIN but found 2 John DEAKINs in the MANCHESTER regiment. One of the lads died aged 19. The other chaps details are.....

John DEAKIN

Manchester Regiment

RANK

I am unsure of this bit as it is written Gte. I assume it should be Pte.

Regnt No

He was awarded the Victory, British and the 15 Star.

Theatre of war 1st served in is 1 ...I believe this indicated France but I'm not positive, confirmation would be very helpful, please.

Date of entry therein..... 10-11-15. If this is my Granddad he would have been 16 years old.

I would dearly love to know if this lad was my Granddad. How do I find out if it is him please?

How do I find out more about his service records? where he enrolled, a home address would be helpful in confirming that this is MY man, when he was discharged from the Army, was he awarded a pension etc.

Thank you for your patience, I was able to find much detail of my other Graddad's brother Stanley FENTON, who died at Galippoli as an ANZAC, lots of info in Australia, yet finding my Granddad's records here in the UK is a bit confusing.

Bye for now, Doreen.

Doreen,

Hasty response - just about to go on hols!

Gte should be Pte (private).

Theatre 1 is France & Flanders.

Note that the 'D's are only 85% complete online - your man could still not be available.

For further research have you seen the link on the mother site? http://www.1914-1918.net/grandad.htm This is very helpful.

Good luck in your research......byeeeee!