The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Fort Vaux

gem22

Forum member Christina Holstein's book 'Fort Vaux' is currently advertised for Pre-order from Pen and Sword and has a publication date of 31 March 2012. So not long to wait.

It has an introductory offer of £10.39 against RRP of £12.99 so you get even better value by ordering now.

Garth

If its half as good as Christina's previous works on Verdun (Fort Douaumont and Walking Verdun: A guide to the Bttlefield). I reckon its going to be a must. She knows the subject, the area better than anyone writing in English.

David

Forum members of old will remember that Christina acted as our guide for the epic GWF Trip to Verdun in 2004 (Gawd, how time flies). And a splendid job she did, too. There are photos of the tour on the forum somewhere. I shall see if I can find them.

Update: here we are: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7994

I am sure there are others somewhere, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for these tips... I was expecting to start a three day trip to Verdun in two weeks. Have to postpone it due to no lodging (was supposed to stay at the base in Etain, but somehow contact there drifted...) But the "walking Verdun" book will allow me to plan it even better for the real thing.

M.