The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Wipers: A Soldiers Tale from the Great War

4thGordons

Has anyone read it? I was just loading up my Kindle with various for my flying visit to the battlefields next week and ran accross this novel listed on amazon.

I did a search here without finding a reference to it or the author's name so I have downloaded it for the flight.....mistake or no?

In the event I am the first (I rather doubt!) I'll post a review when I get back

Chris

Chris,

I read it during our last exercice last year and found it to be very interesting reading.

I would not say "the best books ever" like some reviews I read before buying the book, but it was good to pass the time.

Have a nice trip,

Marilyne

Chris,

I read it during our last exercice last year and found it to be very interesting reading.

I would not say "the best books ever" like some reviews I read before buying the book, but it was good to pass the time.

Have a nice trip,

Marilyne

Thanks Marilyne

Well I have deliberately held off looking at it until I am trapped in airports and aircraft speeding over the Atlantic. I was looking for something to get me in the mood, so it sounds like it might do.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

PS I am just finishing up editing some letters of an American Ambulance man who accompanied the French 20th Division into Strasbourg in Nov of 1918, claiming to be amongst the first Americans to reach the Rhine. He then spent several months is Schlestadt - much to his dismay!

Sounds interesting, Chris!!

If you ever want to check out the area for yourself, let me know, I'll be glad to play tour guide!!

M.