The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Black Country Grenadier

andymr1

If anyone is in the least bit interested....

I (like so many others) have been compelled by the passion and sheer heartfelt pride to write down my thoughts and experiences regarding the discovery of a long lost family relative. My book is about Sgt Harry Hackett of the 1st Btn Grenadier Guards who served from 1911 to 1918.

This forum has been a constant source of knowledge, encouragement and 'community' (to me as a total and utter Great War novice) hence the fact I acknowledge this.

So, if anyone is interested in WW1, The Guards, his experience in teh Christmas Truce, his letters from the trenches and in particular the Black Country which is where Harry and I hail from then this book may be of interest to you.

It's entirely self-published and can be obtained online at http://www.lulu.com/shop/andrew-mark-rudall/neat-little-rows/paperback/product-20035288.html

Apologies in advance if I'm not supposed to 'advertise' here, so feel free to remove the post if necessary.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds interesting, Andy. My wife was from Oldbury, and my particular area of interest is the first few months of the war, so how can I not order a copy?

Melvin

Thanks Melvin. Much appreciated. Oldbury is just 'up the road' from Old Hill. Should be right up your street.

Kind regards

Andy

1334813869[/url]' post='1741476']

This sounds interesting, Andy. My wife was from Oldbury, and my particular area of interest is the first few months of the war, so how can I not order a copy?

Melvin

• 2 weeks later...

ordered my copy, me mrs is a old hill hackett :o

Apologies in advance if I'm not supposed to 'advertise' here, so feel free to remove the post if necessary.

Not a problem Andy and congratulations on your book.

Roy

Hope you like the book by the way.

Great little write up in a local newspaper if you are interested. Link is here

Or See. http://www.blackcountrybugle.co.uk/News/Story-told-of-The-Black-Country-Grenadier-09052012.htm

Andy

1336031035[/url]' post='1747341']

ordered my copy, me mrs is a old hill hackett :o

• 3 weeks later...