The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Somme

gwendraith

I picked up a second hand copy of The Somme - The Day-By-Day-Account by Chris McCarthy for the massive sum of £1.47. An absolute bargain and it seems such an interesting book :)

I recently saw the Passchendaele one at my son's school casually mixed up with other books which was going to be thrown out, i offered to buy it but was told just take it, she gave me a piece of paper to verify i could have it, so happy days.

TERRY.

If you were to get his Passchendaele one for the same amount I'd keep very quiet!

Well done you.

Aye

Malcolm

If you were to get his Passchendaele one for the same amount I'd keep very quiet!

Well done you.

Aye

Malcolm

Hehe, thanks for the warning Malcolm :) I got the Passchendaele one for just over £10 so not quite as cheap but still a great bargain :)

Holly

I recently saw the Passchendaele one at my son's school casually mixed up with other books which was going to be thrown out, i offered to buy it but was told just take it, she gave me a piece of paper to verify i could have it, so happy days.

TERRY.

Now that was a bargain, Terry :)

Holly

I have already found information in the book about my great uncle that I didn't know :) It does seem a good reference book.

Holly