The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Proposal for to buy a book [RESOLVED]

Revan

Hello all,

I hope that i'm in the good rubric, if not the case, sorry by advance.

I'm searching the book "Over the Balkans and South Russia" Author: H.A. Jones.

I want to buy this book, but impossible for me for to find it in France. I imagine that it is more easy for to find this book on U.K. than France.

I'm searching a forum British member, who want to sell his book or can to find this book for me in his country. The maximum that I want to pay for the price and not up is 40-45 euros (with inside post charges), if an offer less and near 30 euros, i will be very happy (30 euros his generally the price of some old book in France, and sometimes less, 10-15 euros, one of my last old book bought about to the seaplanes squadron of Salonika early 1916 by the chief of the squadron three months and author Maurice LARROUY was 5 euros).

I will pay in first by credit transfert and I'm a serious man, and I have bought by my French forum two books at a serious French member (not new on the French forum), books received before my payment (Seller choice).

But, as i would to pay in first I prefer to have a proposal by regular forum members, not by new members with only two messages on the forum :wub: .

Great thanks if you could help me and please contact me by P.M., you were numerous on forums, talking to me of this interesting book.

Moderator, I hope by my message, i'm in rules of the forum, not outside :( . If I have the book, I would modify the title of this thread for to add [resolved]. I don't open a thread on other forums that I know, only here for my proposal.

Best regards.

Nicolas.

Hello Revan, I have found the book offered by 2 sellers. 'Abebooks.co.uk' offer it for £29.77 plus £12.20 postage (it comes from the USA), and Amazon have it from £49.30 plus £2.80 postage.

Keith

Hello Revan, I have found the book offered by 2 sellers. 'Abebooks.co.uk' offer it for £29.77 plus £12.20 postage (it comes from the USA), and Amazon have it from £49.30 plus £2.80 postage.

Keith

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your answer.

I know the page of Amazon.com with the first price 37 $, but this site refuse my email address .fr when I want to create a count (if no mistake by me), I will look on Abebooks.co.uk.

Sorry, I have forgotten :blush: that the money in U.K. is the legendary £ not the Euro money, wasn't voluntary by me only the habit.

Best regards.

Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas. If you wish, I can order the book on Amazon for you, and you can pay me afterwards (perhaps on Paypal ?). Yes, we use the £, unlike Greece which will soon be on the Drachma !!!

Keith

Hi Nicolas. If you wish, I can order the book on Amazon for you, and you can pay me afterwards (perhaps on Paypal ?). Yes, we use the £, unlike Greece which will soon be on the Drachma !!!

Keith

Hello,

Thank you for your proposal.

The total price on Abebooks is £41 with the ship from U.S., if less than £41 by Amazon (with the ship) I agree if you want, thank you.

I have called my French bank by phone today, for a credit transfert no problem with U.K. banks and U.K. is on the Euro area, so normally near £3 is taken by bank.

Best regards.

Nicolas.

Unfortunately, the cheapest on Amazon will be £52,10 including postage, so you might be better off ordering from Abebooks. Glad to have been of help Nicolas

Keith

Unfortunately, the cheapest on Amazon will be £52,10 including postage, so you might be better off ordering from Abebooks. Glad to have been of help Nicolas

Keith

Hi,

Thank you.

So I have bought by Abebooks, and I'm waiting to receive it from U.S.

I'm very happy because this book is normally a reference or well known about to the aviation on Balkans and Salonika area, I hope that the book speaks a little about to the French aviation in the area :wub: and some aviators.

Thank you again Keith for your help.

Greetings.

My pleasure to be of some help Nicolas. To my mind, that is what this Forum is all about. Happy reading

Keith

Thank you.

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The book well received. All is perfect.

I will tell my opinion on the book here, when will be read.

Greetings.