The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Other Side of the Wire

David Filsell

• 1 month later...

Amazon have amended the issue date for Vol 2 to 15/9 (this year, that is) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that won't change. For those who missed out on Vol 1, it's available as a Kindle download as we speak.

Unbelievable how many times this has changed, don't see how it can be Amazon's fault, it would appear to be the people who are arranging the publication. Unless that is, the book is available elsewhere.

Richard

Cheer up chaps! It'll probably turn up in time for 1st July next year!

Don't look now but it's on publishers Helion's list at £40. Seems to be available immediately

cheers Martin B

Just looked at the Helion site and it says not yet published, available for pre order!

Richard

Just looked at the Helion site and it says not yet published, available for pre order!

Richard

sorry, should have looked more closely

cheers Martin B

All I know is that due to staffing issues, book schedules, and the size of book 2 and the improved paper for illustrations, etc. it was pushed back slightly but it does seem it will be out in a week or so. I am just as anxious to see it in book form as everyone else. If I hear anything at all I will pass it along.

Book 1 as mentioned, is completely sold out and is on Kindle. Book 2 pre-sales are apparently quite high as well. Thanks for the patience, book 3 and the final bit is well under way and should tie up the history through the post-war years.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph - I am sure that like all good things it is worth waiting for. Judging by vol.1 it certainly will be.

Please can someone post a working link to the pre-order for Volume 2 on Amazon US. I don't want to miss this one already having Volume 1, and the only listing I can find isn't working for me.

Thanks,

Matthew

• 3 weeks later...

December 18 2012 now.

yes, I noticed that too when I pre-ordered today. I can sit in the corner with it when everyone else is pretending to be merry.

cheers Martin B

• 1 month later...

Just a brief update on the book. I received the final PDF of the book, the charts and cover for final tweaking before getting it to the printer. I have completed the first part and will be checking the end notes and captions to make sure they are in order, this should be done later today. The book will apparently make it for the current deadline.

Ralph

Final edits and corrections, verifications of end notes, etc. all done. Now the publisher will make the changes, send the book to the printer, etc. and it will be out in time for a stocking stuffer.

Many thanks to all who have offered and provided their assistance, expertise, good wishes, etc. Thank you all very much.

Ralph

Volume 3 is under way. I hope to have it all wrapped up by 2013 and then it will be up to the scheduling of the publisher on the final product. Several more are to follow, some WW1, some American Civil War if anyone has interest in this subject, just to let you know.

Apparently there is a program that will allow far easier work to create a detailed index. The publisher is also adding all photos not used in volumes 1 and 2 in a special photo section as well as a color section for postcards from the XIV Reserve Corps, some 8-10 I believe.

Ralph