The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Other Side of the Wire

David Filsell

Pleased to say my copy arrived today instead of Monday, marvellous.Will start this evening,scotch in one hand book in the other.

Pleased to say my copy arrived today number 473. Had a quick look through it,will settle down to start it later.

Thankyou Ralph on another master piece and no dought as imformative as volume 1.

Mark.

Mine has arrived no 438, just the ticket for a snowy afternoon.

Mick

Looks superb..my copy in my hands...402.

Helion are just around the corner from me. I could have collected!

TT

Copy 449 is being read, learnt new facts which as put pieces of the jigsaw together, a terrific read.

Read quite a bit of it and it is superb, well done Ralph!

Tony

Copy number 379. Ralph has really raised the bar for books during the centenary and the quality of production is wonderful!

Has anyone got a rare unsigned copy? :whistle:

Are you translating Der Weltkrieg Ralph?

Thank you for all of the nice comments, I had hoped it would be well received. I want to thank everyone who helped me with materials, photos, etc. I just wish I could see a real copy, mine will not arrive for some time yet.

I would like to translate a few of the period books such as Der Weltkrieg, the only issue is free time. Perhaps in the future.

Book 3 is going well and should tie everything together. I had also

hoped to have the casualty lists in print, however it would have added over 600 pages to the book.

Ralph

I just woke up from a nap to find that mine, 525 & 527, arrived in today's post--11 days before the estimated delivery date provided by Amazon. Looking forward to getting into it tonight.

Chris

Just unpacked mine. #739. Looks like it turned out very well. Congratulations Ralph. Looks like it was well worth the wait.

How late in 1916 will Part 3 go to..... October, November?

Matthew

Hello Matthew, I am glad your book arrived, I hope you enjoy it. In regard to the last volume, I cover the fighting through November, however not with the same depthas this volume. The regiments mentioned in Volume 2 were involved in the fighting by Thiepval and north of the Ancre through the end of the battle.

Ralph

• 2 months later...

Got mine at last. To save postage had the publisher send it to a friend in the UK, who finally turned up here for a long weekend with number 643. Can't wait to get started.

cheers Martin B

• 4 weeks later...

Ralph

Just placed my order for Vol 2 - it should be with me by the end of next week.

I have vol 1, which is a first class work, and after all the good comments so far, I am really looking forward to starting vol 2.

Best regards and already looking forward to vol 3.

Paul

Ralph

Vol 2 just arrived ( 3 working days from placing the order - not too shabby) - no 171 and it looks to be first rate.

need some ME time now to get stuck into it!.

Very best regards

Paul